Museums, galleries and literacy
- Start Singing, Tullie House Museum in Carlisle
- London Museums Club
- Common Ground - recipe book project
- Getting your hands on the past, Norfolk Museums and Archaeology Service, 2002-2004
- The Black Box Project, South East Museum, Library and Archive Council (SEMLAC)
- Inspiring Learning for All - vision for inclusive learning in museums, libraries and archives (March 2004)
Campaign for Learning through Museums and Galleries
The Government has worked collaboratively with the Campaign for Learning through Museums and Galleries (CLMG), a group of the most influential museums and galleries in the UK set up to promote museum and gallery learning. CLMG began by supporting and advising the Department for Education and Employment’s Museums and Galleries Education Programme creating and sustaining partnerships between schools and museums. They now work with the Department for Education and Skills (DfES) Museums and Galleries Lifelong Learning Initiative (MGLI).
For example, the Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester worked with teachers and pupils from a number of schools in Salford, identified as particularly in need of literacy input as a result of Government inspections. www.clmg.org.uk.